On request, we will gladly deliver our motors and gearmotors with an integrated mechanical brake, which is available as single brake or double brake. The great number of available brake sizes and braking torques will certainly let you find the ideal brake for your specific requirements.
Find the right brake for you using our modular brake system
Double disk brake: The new component in our safe brake sy
A popular solution for implementing safe brake systems in industrial environments or in event technology applications is the use of 2 parallel motors with individual brakes – a safe but not particularly compact or cost-effective solution.
With the introduction of the state-of-the-art BF../BT.. double disk brakes, SEW‑EURODRIVE has now made it possible for you to implement a safe brake system with 2 individual brakes on one single drive. Both of these double disk brake designs achieve the maximum performance level e (PL e) in industrial systems and event technology applications (in theaters, for instance).
The advantages of the double disk brake: Less installation space, less installation work and therefore lower costs. Supplementing a safe brake system, they provide completely new possibilities for man and machine in the area of functional safety.
Consult our sales team.
- Our experts know your industry and its requirements.
- Our global network ensures we are there wherever and whenever you need us.
- We have the expertise and the tools to provide optimum support and advice.
Brakes for AC motors of the DR.. series
BF../BT.. double disk brakes for DR..-series motors
|BF..||Spring-loaded double disk brake with size specification for industrial applications|
|BT..||Spring-loaded double disk brake with size specification for theater applications|
Your choice of brake – possible brake combinations
|Motor type||Brake type||Winsp
|Braking torque graduation
The double disk brake can be used in industrial applications with or without "functional safety." The extremely quiet BT.. design with "functional safety," which meets all the specific requirements of event technology standards, is available for event technology applications (such as in theaters).
– BF.. safety-rated double disk brake (FS02) up to PL e in compliance with EN ISO 13849-1
– BT.. safety-rated brake (FS02) up to PL e in compliance with EN ISO 13849-1 and DIN 56950-1
– Static and dynamic brake diagnostics for SEW controllers (MOVI-PLC®/CCU) as a supplement to the brake
– BST safe brake module for safe brake control (SBC safety function) up to PL d in compliance with EN ISO 13849-1
Areas of application
- Industrial applications
- Event technology applications